Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Elsewhere: TRS-80 Color Computer TV Ad

Podcast episode 39 is still lingering in production, as my free time has been very limited these past few weeks.  So once again, I am scouring the world (i.e., running a YouTube search) to fulfill my editorial obligations and give you something to gander at this week...

Ah, stereotypes.  Where would advertising be without them?



Note that Elliot's book report is being composed under conditions of sheer torture using Radio Shack's Color SCRIPSIT.  The CoCo's odd inverted-color convention was used to denote lowercase characters, which the hardware could not otherwise display.  Ah, those were the days!

(Yes, I was more of an Elliott back in the day.)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome commercial, thanks for the info about the inverted color. I was wondering why his book report looked like the forest scene from Atari's E.T.

    ReplyDelete